Defence and Commercial Marine
Our long and respected history servicing the Defence and Commercial Marine Industries has been established from our ability to work closely with Primes, the Department of Defence and naval defence contractors to meet tight deadlines and provide safe, high quality solutions to extend asset life.
Orontide’s Defence industry experience, longstanding client relationships, reputation and physical location are all strengths of our business that we offer to our Defence and Commercial Maritime Clients.
We have an extensive pool of highly skilled and trained personnel with capabilities in fabrication, welding, fitting, machining, blasting, painting, insulation, cladding, UHP Water Jetting, Epoxy flooring systems and NACE qualified inspection and testing.
We are strategically located in the heart of the Australian Marine Complex in Henderson, Western Australia. Recognised as one of Australia’s premier shipbuilding hubs, this location is a world-class centre for excellence in manufacturing, fabrication, assembly, maintenance and technology development and provides our Defence clients with easy access to our services.
Our work in the Defence sector includes long-term contracts such as the ASMD Capability Upgrade Programme and ANZAC Group Maintenance contracts and has seen us acknowledged for our ability to work in challenging environments and our vigilance towards safety and environmental considerations whilst working effectively with other contractors.
We specialise in optimising efficiencies and extending the asset life cycle through surface treatment, cleaning and preservation, engineered design, mechanical maintenance, manufacturing and installation services.
Our expertise in ship and submarine maintenance, repairs, preservation and upgrades (including re-builds) has been engaged on vessels from all classes including FFGs, ANZACs, amphibious, Armidale, Mine Hunters, Submarine and Commercial.
Orontide is highly experienced in applying a range of different coatings systems for protective application for critical and non-critical areas on board a variety of vessels including, but not limited to, applying protective coatings to fresh water tanks, ammunition magazine decks, flight and hanger decks, engine room bilges and superstructure and below water line anti-fouling.
We have the capability to take on projects both large and small and can mobilise operations to suit your needs.
Our services include:
- Protective coating application and removal (includes hazardous materials/coatings eg. Lead and Chromate)
- Surface treatment and preservation
- Application of specialised coatings to tanks, hulls and deck areas
- Blasting and painting of cut steel
- Hull cropping
- Application of pipe, HVAC, refrigeration and habitation insulation
- Ultra High Pressure Water Jetting
- Fabrication of all metal types (S,M,P)
- Specialised welding to various Australian and International Standards and qualifications to Germanischer Lloyds Standards
- Friction testing of decks
- CNC machining and fitting
- Cold cutting and equipment cleaning
- Mechanical services and maintenance
- Mechanical design and engineering services
- Installation and commissioning
By offering a complete range of both Engineering and Industrial services, we set ourselves apart from our competitors by reducing the number of contractors our clients need to engage and therefore maximising efficiencies.